In exploring the data behind England’s teacher supply model, it became apparent that the split of teachers by gender and age shows certain patterns by subject. Click through and use the below viz interactively to answer questions such as:
- How many secondary school teachers are there in the UK?
- What percentage of all teachers are female?
- Are there certain subjects where females are over-represented in teachers vs others where males are over-represented? Have we overcome the historic gender stereotypes?
- What proportion of teachers are below the age of 25? What subjects do they tend to teach?
- What age-groups are particularly over-represented in females teaching art and design?
- …and many more.